Thursday, July 14, 2011

AuGuest 2

Last year those who follow this blog may recall that in August I hosted several guest posters. I called it the AuGuest Extravaganza. I'd like to be able to do so again this year, and I want to hear from you!

This year I would like five contributors, one for each Monday in August. As I tend to blog on Monday's and Thursdays, the Thursday posts will feature my personal take and additional comments on the guest posts that will appear each Monday of that week. As with last year I am doing this to mix things up a bit, and to give myself a chance to blend my own views with those of others. Some may be very close to my own worldview, and some may not match it at all. I hope to get both ends of the spectrum.

I am not particular about length of these posts, but I do want them to each pertain to some aspect of your life, career, thought process wherein you find, (or found, in the past) that you didn't fit into your environment for reason that cannot be quantified. As in being Too XYZ for any given thing.

It could be an event, a relationship, a job, a religion, a community, a school, a zeitgeist. Whatever speaks to you most so long as you explain that outsiderish feel you got while partaking in same, and how you responded to that. Did you ever fix it? Did it bother you? Have you moved on from it, or do you still find yourself Too XYZ for it? What have you learned? What do you want to learn and how do you hope to change. "Too XYZ" is the operative phrase for your guest post. Surprise me with your ingenuity as pertains to this prompt.

As August is approaching, I will need to know who is interested pretty soon. And when I know I will assign a due date for each party.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment, or drop me an email at tythewriter@gmx.com. Or catch me on Twitter @TyUnglebower.

Let's hear your ideas.

No comments: